Daily Dose of Doom

Venting and verbal nosepicking.. Wanna see?

The horrid thruth.. (5)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 by , under , , ,

We all know how some people just make you rubb your eyes like a tired 4 year old and the, just possibly, take a bit of a restock of our lives. Hell, does not have to be a big thing.


Me.. im going thru my wardrobe (or closet.. or dresser if you so wish) because I've found Lady P (madlycreative.blogspot.com) and the eyecandy bursting of colour (and ofcourse the cupcake hats.. o god I love the cupcake hats.. ) just makes one take a tiny bit of stock.



And i've realized something..



I do NOT have enough colour.



The scarf above, that I got from "marvelouse malin" (and yes, that is her full name, she deserves it), that looks a bit like a mix of purple/green/glittery mould or moss is just about the most exciting thing I have..



Example. This is what you will find on opening my closet/wardrobe/dresser:


Darknes.. litterally... Its all black (and possibly a very dark plum/red/green colour)










And this dress.. (I only own 3.. but then again, i've moved house/countries so many times, I'm usually cleaning out more than acumulating, and I'm very busy telling myself that that is a GOOD thing) I've had since I was 18.
..
...
..
so that is 13 years since I took life by the cohoones (i can pronounce it.. not spell it) and actually bought something that was not black.
..
..
..
..
Feck..
So here's the new rule. No more black clothing.
Lady P my darling, thank you for the beutiful pictures and the insentive. And if i try to scrunch my face up and close my eyes I'm counting on you to colourfully bitchslapp me back onto the colour program!
More colour to the ppl damned it!!!
(I will however NOT go along with the 80's style that has been on the rampage the last couple of months.. what the feck are they thinking? Colours are not suppose to scratch the back of your eyeball, their suppose to caress them.. )



edit post

5 Reply to "The horrid thruth.."

Matt on 14 July 2009 at 14:31

I am exactly the same... all dark earth tones. Good luck with the color makeover, I am sure it will feel awkward at first.

 

Madz on 14 July 2009 at 14:33

awkward... I'll need to start putting clothes out the night before or i'll end up looking like a colour blindness test.. :P :)

One thing to be said about dark clothes.. Theres no worries.. :)

Will have to come up with a system.. *grumble* :P

 

Lady P on 14 July 2009 at 15:15

Oh yes the light has invaded the depths of the dark closet and dear Mad Madzia aka Meg aka I will no longer live in dark is now raiding the rest of the Universe's color spectrum
hold onto your panties, darlin'
you are in for a FUN ride

 

Lady P on 17 July 2009 at 08:44

Ohh and I forgot to comment on this scarf - I love it and the murky/muted colors you allude to in the description. Would wear it in a heartbeat! okay, girlie - how did the clothing shopping go?
PS I will be away for a 3 day weekend, so you will have to be on your best shopping behavior without me!!

 

Lady P on 21 July 2009 at 10:30

madzia - I'm back! how did the shopping go ???

 

Post a Comment