Daily Dose of Doom

Venting and verbal nosepicking.. Wanna see?

Ducky Love (3)

Saturday, July 04, 2009 by , under , ,

This is Gunter. The Glow-in-the-Dark Duck that lives on top of the bathroom light fixture (for loading of light so that he gets that extra juice to shine)
I've got a rubber duck obsession, anyone having had a terrified visit to our bathroom when we still lived in Stockholm will tell you about the uncomfortable feeling of being watched by hundreds of small beady rubber eyes while doing your business is possibly not the most relaxing experience.

When we moved to London we sold off just about everything, including the quite huge family of ducks, rubber fish, a submarine, shark and assorted fun stuff (yes, i can spend hours in the bath, a book, a cold drink and possibly a ciggies - yes I admit, i do smoke in there too - with the ducks you can even argue the finer points of existentialism *cough*)
Anyway. we sold it all. All I took with me was a miniature duck with sunglasses and a snorkel. Size: 1.5 cm in height. So a perfect travel companion.

Anyway, Love - being the most perfect male specimen in the history of humanity and possibly spanning all other species as well - has copped on to my fetish and loves me enough to supply me with fresh ducky flesh at times. Gunter above was for example a x-mas gift last year, when we were suppose to not give gifts (I spent x-mas with my family in Sweden, while he had über-mom-in-law here in London visiting). When we got our first keys to our apartment in London he picked this keyring out:

It does sound, light and of course goes of every time you sit down with you keys in your pockets, giving you the possibility of meeting the RSPCA in person if anyone thinks you just sat down with a duck in your pocket... all in all the perfect key fob really.

Anyway, pocket-kwack (yes, I ran out of names after the first 250) is now going into pension since the key ring bit actually has ripped off (handbag injury)... the hunt is on...

I just realized i've possibly written over 300 words about rubber ducks, and yes, the bloom of shame will possibly be on my cheeks as soon as the overdose of sleep (16 hours in the last 24 hours.. its amazing) has worn off.. but untill then. Enjoy the kwack



edit post

3 Reply to "Ducky Love"

Matt on 4 July 2009 at 22:50

Oh baby. I love rubber duckies, I didn't know they came in glow-in-the-dark. Is that a Europe thing?

This is fast becoming one of my favoritest blogs.

 

Madz on 5 July 2009 at 08:28

Have no idea.. I do know we have a lot of variety over here though. Devil, angel, business man, surfers, flowerpower versions and just about anythign else you might want, I always thought they were american actually.. need to google the history of the rubber duck!

and very happy you like it, i'm still on your page every day, when is the piece of you running? Good advertisment! :D

 

Matt on 5 July 2009 at 09:16

The article ran on Thursday... http://www.sltrib.com/ci_12726043

 

Post a Comment